Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Love the life that you live, Live the life that you love~

I have absolutely no idea why happiness is such a rarity. I realized the fact on my study tour to Panchgini.
What is it that troubles us so much that we can only stay happy for a moment’s bliss and then our world comes crumbling down. Our life seems to be a delicate sheet of glass just waiting to be shattered.
Most of the time we’re afraid of our own reflection. We stand there in front the crystal like board and wait for its glare to pierce our souls. My best friend had everything. A happy family, loving friends, die-heart lovers and convincing talent. She got whatever she wished for just like in the movies.
Then I had another best friend who didn’t share as much. She had a heartless father, few friends, one lover and talent that had to be displayed again and again in order to be noticed. I can understand why she was not always happy and didn’t believe in wishing stars.
But what went wrong with the girl who had everything. She was soon left with no friends, a worried family and only admirers, no lovers.
She stopped coming to school. Her only friend was another girl just as blessed as her, only more beautiful. It was a pity to see them both avoid stares in the corridors from the rest of the students. It was a pity to see them bunk examinations.
Then I came to college and met another girl like that, she too became my best friend. The way she described her world was envious. She finally scored the boy she had been in love with. She finally found her place in his heart. She was extremely loved for and cared for, the kind of love and care every girl desires. She would always look happy, but this illusion would weaken every time she dragged me out alone and cried. She looked happy, but never felt it.
Then i peeped into my world, it was but natural. My world wasn’t doing pretty clean as well.
I could never understand what exactly people wanted in order to make them happy. I hope they find that eternal bliss someday. For me, rainy weather, a phone call from home, a burger for lunch, music, and a message from a best friend that I hadn’t spoken to for 6 months made my day:)I was truly happy.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet.We all are in pursuit of what can give us true happiness in life,right? It's good that you found yours. You're one of the factors for me. :)

    ReplyDelete