Wednesday, November 18, 2009

THAT NIGHT*

Have you ever awoken from a nightmare?
Smiled and thought it was only a dream,
But then everything seemed to be a lie,
You wish and wish again,
For it to end,
Glimpses of that night flash you by…

It was all real, and you were right there,
Watching every nightmare of yours come true,
You were right there, witnessing it all through,
Never imagined in your wildest thoughts,
Your head hurts, as if it was filled with clots.

I thought of you as different, thought you would at least care,
But you did leave me all alone, in the cold,
And pretend like I was never there.

I thought we’d dance the night away,
Would be my craziest night,
As fire crackers would burn the sky,
But when I looked up, I saw no sign of light.

I wondered and looked into the blur of people,
Would I ever find myself, I was scared,
I found you dancing, with her again,
That night I sat all alone,
Silently screaming, as the music blared. .

Those looks, those words,
My fears I met,
Uncomfortable gestures,
That night I’ll never forget.

I was lonely, I wanted to cry,
I was frustrated, I wanted to die,
But I was numb, I couldn’t react
I don’t know why,
I think it was the cold,
Or was it everything that night,
My mind wanted to unfold.

The music grew louder, but I just dint feel the beat,
I wanted to be protected; I wanted to feel the heat,
And I can’t believe, that I thought all along,
I trusted you, but I was so wrong.

That night I lost all respect all faith in you,
I was weak, but getting stronger,
That night went on, so did you,
But I couldn’t wait any longer.

You promised you’d always be there,
You promised to always care.
You made everything sound so real, it was magical,
You were the one I need, my savior
But that night and your behavior,
Proved that you were just like the rest,
The feeling that burnt through my chest,
Made my heart beat faster and slower,
And skip a beat,
I never wanted to hear from you again,
I never wanted to meet.

That night so many more questions ran through my head,
And answers too, I was sad but instead,
I smiled, all black seemed white,
As I continued to watch you sway into that night…..

5 comments:

  1. dude..it was very sad:(..but it was my first poem,when i truly felt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was the first time i felt it, and then i wrote the poem :)..appy this ones about new years ..now u know what im talking about:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly. Gah STOP. I love you, you know na?

    ReplyDelete