Sunday, May 23, 2010

your voice

Your voice. It brings me to life. It makes me want to escape the hollowness of the world that drags me deeper and deeper into its emptiness with every passing minute. It makes me want to fight again, to fight the darkness and reach towards light. I feel alive. Each whisper of yours adds another breath to my inert body. Your voice serves as my causeway into my own precious world that I have taken my whole life to build with memories and experiences. I often forget about this world, as I am entrapped in the web that this madly spinning world has woven for us. Your voice reminds me of who I really am. There is this void in my life that is created when I can’t hear you or feel your presence and that suffocates me. The sun light feels warmer, and the breeze feels cooler after I’ve spoken to you. Even though you exist miles away from me, I can still sense you right next to me. Your soul travels through your voice and reaches straight into my heart. We’re one when I speak to you. There is a particular higher level we reach, a greater connection that is formed as we talk late into the night. I cannot sleep if I don’t hear your voice. The nightmares of the world unravel upon me and leave me feeling lonely and cold. But then you call, and everything seems fine. My nightmares are then resolved into my dreams. The comfort that your deep voice enthralls upon me leaves me off all my insecurities. I can sleep well like a baby. Your voice itself is my bedtime story that once my father used to narrate to me on foggy winter evenings. The bedtime story which always had a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment