Friday, January 7, 2011

The First Time

It’s the first time of every time,
It’s the uneasiness, it’s the butterflies,
Every moment seems filled with sunshine,
It’s that reflection of mine, in your eyes.

When we finally collide,
The secret glances I try to hide,
The awkwardness in every conversation,
The thoughts that merge with my minds elation.

The hesitation, it’s a sort of weakness,
I confide, in myself.
The wait, and the chase,
And all those moments.

The times I felt breathless,
Every occasion counts for pretty dresses,
I feel alive, my heart like drum roll
Beats, life seems sweet.

There seems to be hope,
There seems to be meaning, the ropes
Of my mind unchained, there seems to be
A feeling, which only I can comprehend.

And no matter how much I pretend.
I do look out for you every now and then,
And when you re not aware I wonder,
What it would be like to be with you,
Maybe there’s rain, maybe there’s thunder,
And you catch me off guard, and our
Worlds that till now stood barred,
Release, there is a sort of uncomfortable
Ease.

I carry this ease on my mind,
Whenever I find a broken part
Of the past edging in to my life,
Despite it being over,
Even though nothing ended well,
The roses seem faded,
And the lilies have lost their smell,
The first time of every time,
That merged with my minds elation,
Does away with all darkness,
And lights up my world with celebration

No comments:

Post a Comment